Monday, October 17, 2005

Shallow Minded

I had the nose my skiff as far onto the flat as she would go. It would have floated further if it had not been for the turtle grass that turned the surface of the water into a slick, mirrored finish. I had been polling the boat for almost 75 yards or so when something suddenly caught my eye. I checked my watch, a habit I've acquired over time, I made a mental note of the time versus the tide and if it was a flood or an ebb, it read 7:45 AM with a falling tide. I'd noticed a small shimmering, a flickering of light, perhaps a flash of life on a flat I've pushed across countless times. A section of water that I know like the back of my hand, if something unusual stood out I would certainly see it.

Click here for the complete story.

1 comment:

Best Internet Poker said...

Bravo, seems to me, is a magnificent phrase