Thursday, September 29, 2005

My Favorite Saltwater Fly


A friend asked me the other day what my favorite saltwater fly pattern was and I told him that without a doubt it was the Pola Fibre Minnow. Now the key to his question was the word pattern, not just fly. There are very few saltwater fish that will not eat a PF Minnow. I personally know people who have caught Permit with this fly. Agreed they were reef permit who probably would have eaten a shoelace that particular day, but regardless it did work.

The only fish that I know of that has not eaten this pattern is a bonefish. This is not the type of pattern that you would necessarily throw in super skinny water with lots of grass. But still I wonder that if presented to a bonefish in deep water, it may just work.

Click here for more info on this pattern.

1 comment:

HanktheDog said...

Thanks for the tip.